Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Checker Cab for New Zealand
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Checker Cab for New Zealand

Checker Cab for New Zealand 3 years, 2 months ago #14415

Hello Checker Cab people.

We are coming to the USA in August this year (2014) with a tour of Kiwi car people doing shows including Good Guys Pleasanton and a few other places.
We plan to stay on after the tour to purchase a car to bring home down under,
We are looking for a very tidy, straight, un-molested (completely restored is fine) Checker Cab to purchase and bring back home.
We plan to get in touch with Joe Pollock and visit him but are very keen to talk to anyone that has a car that would suit us.
Because New Zealand has very strict import criteria for used American cars we need to source a very tidy rust free Checker cab.
Our car will need to be best described as "immaculate".
Wife has her heart set on a Checker to go with our other car (see picture) which is the only one in the Southern Hemisphere.
Wife wants a Checker Cab as we see in the movies, yellow with checkers, roof light, meter, seats etc etc standard, any engine, straight and original, don't matter what year, must be very tidy and above all "rust free"

Any help, advice or contacts would be greatly appreciated.

Colin James
Down Under

THECOP001.JPG
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by john_w.
The topic has been locked.

Re: Checker Cab for New Zealand 3 years, 1 month ago #14427

I have three for sale. One is a rare 1982 propane powered A12 with jump seats and no rust. I know propane is quite common for cars down there. If you are interested I can put you up in our guest room in San Diego. Send me an email at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .

Re: Checker Cab for New Zealand 3 years, 1 month ago #14440

Could you email some pictures to This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Thanks
  • Page:
Moderators: Matt Fry
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds